There are two criteria that will improve the revenue on an e-commerce platform, the traffic - amount of users available on the platform - and the conversion rate, which is the proportion of this traffic that will actually order something on your eCommerce platform.
- Understand your user’s problems, by tracking their actions as well as follow their satisfaction level.
- Increase the load speed of your customers, also remember that not every eCommerce customer has always broadband with him. He should not be blocked because he is in a subway.
- Shorten your customer’s path to order, the fewer actions, the best. E-commerce is about providing ease for customers. All has to be easier than in classic retail.
- Have the best and extensive descriptions for your products.
- Be competitive! Remember that you might be one option out of 5, if your shipping costs are higher than the competition, improving the conversion rate on your e-commerce will be complicated.
- Learn who your customers are so that you can speak to them in a direct way.
- Target your advertisement, SEO, SEM in a precise way. Qualified traffic is key to high conversion rates in eCommerce.
- If you don’t know what option to choose, then try to AB Test your two options. Compare and track, which one of two solutions work best.
- Reassure your customers about doubts that they might have
- Recover users that might have abandoned their journey, using cross-sell ad networking or sending recover emails if your customers agreed to it
bPol provides conversion improvement services, as well as UX/UI design consultancy.